Different students and different learning needs during the teaching process
Program type: Supplementary training program
Linking the program to the type of teacher license
Targeted group of teachers / attendees
The participants who will be provided with this training are the teachers and those engaged as assistant teachers from the Lower Secondary School, and High School.
Teachers will benefit from this training program because they will be able to work in diverse classrooms and students who need support and encouragement to learn, based on the different learning needs presented in these classes. Teachers will be trained on the skills required to plan, monitor and redirect attention and strategies on inclusive learning and skills. Professional development on the management of the teaching organization will enable teachers to be more effective in their work with students with different learning difficulties and needs, and to enjoy good relationships with the families of these students.
This program has a duration of 30 academic hours, where the distribution of hours is as follows:
Upon completion of the training teachers will be able to:
-distinguish the learning skills and capacities of students in diverse classes
– are trained in the development and promotion of learning and thinking skills
– create an appropriate and inclusive learning environment.
– promote socialization among peers
– are trained in the use of combined teaching methods tailored to different learning needs
– to cope effectively and overcome the challenging situations brought about by diversity in the classroom