Teachers’ approach to children with special needs
Linking the program to the type of teacher license
Targeted group of teachers / attendees
The participants who will be provided with this training are the teachers and those engaged as assistant teachers from the Lower Secondary School, and High School.
Teachers will benefit from this training program because they will be able to work with children who need permanent support and more time and more practice to learn, as this group of children presents difficulties not only metacognitively, but also in transfer of learning from one environment to another. Teachers will also be trained in the skills required to plan, monitor and redirect attention and learning strategies. Professional development in managing lesson organization will enable teachers to be more effective in their work with students, and to enjoy healthier relationships with the families of these students and colleagues at school. This program has a duration of 30 academic hours, where the distribution of hours is as follows:
Upon completion of the training teachers will be able to:
-distinguish the learning skills and capacities of students with special needs
– are trained in the development and promotion of basic learning skills such as reading, writing and mathematical skills, for children with special needs
– create an appropriate and inclusive learning environment.
– promote socialization among pers
– stimulate the development of different capacities, through combined teaching methods
– to cope and effectively overcome different situations during the learning process