The concept of mechatronics education at UBT is the result of the emerging industrial production and processing industry in Kosovo. The request for industry-academic engineering courses in mechatronics courses was not satisfied till the last decade when UBT in cooperation with leading Austrian practitioners developed the first Mechatronics Management program.
Faculty will be recognized as one of the leading academies in the region in the fields of Mechatronics Engineering and other related fields, where quality, reliability, flexibility, and academic, as well as research and professional speed, will prevail.
The faculty is committed to high-quality education and research in all areas of the faculty in order to prepare students for the challenges of life: work and professional contribution, and qualitative, scientific, and competitive research.
The main goals and objectives of Faculty
This programme provides opportunities for students to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, skills, and other attributes in the following areas:
- To educate the knowledgeable, skilled, and contemporary mechatronic engineers who are capable of responding to changing needs of engineering and technology with continuous self-renewal and with the desire for lifelong learning.
- To integrate teaching and research for effective application of knowledge and acquired skills
- To educate the Mechatronic Engineers who are respectful to ethical values and sensitive to contemporary problems
- To educate the Mechatronic Engineers who have good communication skills and teamwork
- Train highly skilled manpower in Mechatronic Systems, precision engineering, and manufacturing automation.
- To become a significant example not only for the institution but also for the whole country in promoting and establishing such interdisciplinary graduate study programs, which have a growing reputation and widespread acceptance worldwide.
- To emphasize the significance and potentials of the methods and technologies used in various levels of formation and usage of sustainable development, thus to train experts within these fields
- To develop infrastructure and equipment necessary for training and research in the discipline of Mechatronic Engineering.
- To establish and strengthen industrial collaboration and partnerships in training, research, and innovation.
- To establish income generation mechanisms through training, research, and consultancies.
The study program aims to produce engineers who are committed to a career in mechatronics with a variety of different employers inside and outside Kosovo. The programme emphasizes the importance of producing original thinkers who are able to take an imaginative approach to the solution of a wide range of engineering problems.
Programme Learning Outcomes
This programme provides opportunities for students to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, skills and other attributes in the following areas:
Knowledge and understanding
- Development of advanced knowledge of theory, methods and practice used to develop mechanical components and systems for mechatronic products.
- Development of advanced knowledge of theory, methods and practice used to develop electronic circuits used in mechatronic products.
- Development of advanced knowledge of theory, methods and practice used to develop embedded solutions used in mechatronic products.
- The ability to understand and reflect on advanced practice, applied theories and methods and reflect on the practice and application of theories and methods in the context of developing complex mechatronic systems and products.
- use the knowledge that they have obtained in mechatronic engineering for the solution of advanced practical and theoretical engineering problems
- The ability to apply advanced engineering methods and tools and master the related skills in the process of developing complex mechatronic systems and products.
- The ability to apply engineering methods and tools to, specify and develop mechanical components and systems in a complex mechatronic context.
- The ability to apply engineering methods and tools to, specify and develop electronic circuits in a complex mechatronic context.
- The ability to apply engineering methods and tool to, specify and develop embedded hardware and software in a complex mechatronic context.
- The ability to evaluate practices oriented and theoretical issues and explain choices and solutions in the mechatronic development process, as well as to explain and choose the optimum solution methods and technologies suited to solve a given complex mechatronic development task.
- Develop novel solutions, or propose methods that involve novelty for existing solutions, with the aim of solving practical and theoretical engineering problems.
Other competencies and attributes
- The ability to handle complex and development-oriented situations in study or work contexts as an expert in an international engineering context.
- The ability to independently participate in product development projects and interdisciplinary collaboration with a professional engineering approach.
- The ability to independently take responsibility and identify one’s own learning needs and organize one’s own learning in different learning environments.
- The ability to work as a master engineer and continue studying on a relevant field
- Communicate the results of their studies in written or oral forms at national and international journals and conferences.
- To Keep an open mind to life-long learning and self-development, adopt a lifelong learning philosophy, follow the state-of-the-art developments in engineering and improve themselves.