SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS
The Strategic Research Plan guides the UBT in responding effectively to the changing environment in research opportunities, and provides a platform for participation in international research-related initiatives. It also promotes research strengths to government, community partners, and funding organizations.
The major objectives of Research Plan are to:
- Maximize opportunities for discovery and innovation;
- Promote internationally competitive research and scholarship;
- Cultivate excellence through selective investment in emerging areas of research;
- Facilitate collaborations across disciplinary and institutional boundaries;
- Recruit and retain outstanding students, research fellows, and faculty;
- Encourage effective communication and dissemination of research results;
- Optimize use of our research and scholarship resources;
- Recognize the full value of intellectual property;
- Engage all our communities for the benefit of society.