The Bachelor program in Sport and Movement Science responds to the mission of UBT, which was established to contribute to the advancement of the country in research and education in line with European standards, and form qualified professionals able to respond to social needs in the different areas of technology, socioeconomic development, human and health studies, medicine and prevention.
Its aim is to contribute to the country’s development and ensure its younger population good employability prospects in a dynamic new sector. Thanks to its relevant technological competences and the cooperation of well-known European institutions and scholars, UBT plans to form highly qualified sport professionals able to meet the growing needs of the job market in a European perspective.
After completion of studies in this program, students will:
- Have a basic overview of understanding the main phenomena of certain sports disciplines
- Understand and explain the importance of exercise and physical activity for the human organism
- Have the skills and competences to use the results of scientific research in the field of sports by using electronic database
- Reflect the major problems of sports and sports culture and develop awareness for access to Sport and Movement Science
- Have skills and competences in developing fitness qualities in different age groups (the quality to develop, carry out, monitor and analyze performance and health-related exercise and physical activity programs for sport participants of all age groups aiming to improve, maximize, optimize, maintain, or regain exercise performance).
- Understand biopsychosocial characteristics of various groups of people
- Have knowledge of health aspects of physical activity and sport
- Have knowledge of physiological aspects of sport
- Have knowledge of basic biomechanical aspects of sport
- Have knowledge of the problems related with leisure time, sport and physical activity
- Have knowledge of physical, motor and health characteristics of children and young people, adults, the elderly and special groups of people
- Have skills and competences to analyse and plan physical activity and sport for children, adults, the elderly and special groups of people
- Have knowledge of the characteristics of healthy diet as well as skills and competences to develop a proper nutritional program according to the individual needs
- Have competences and skills to work with state-of-the-art teaching technologies in Sport and Movement Science.
- Know how to adapt physical activity for people with different health-related problems
- Have theoretical and practical knowledge on testing and monitoring sport performance.
- Have theoretical and practical knowledge and competences regarding the use of physical activity and exercise as part of rehabilitation process.
- Have knowledge regarding the role of sport in society development
- Have knowledge regarding sports management and marketing.