The objectives of the Bachelor program are:
- Basic competences and knowledge in the field of study and research;
- Apply their knowledge and understanding in a way that shows a professional approach to work, and possess competencies that are usually demonstrated through drafting and supporting arguments and solving problems within the field of Management, Business, and Economics;
- To collect and interpret relevant data in the field of business and economy, as well as the communication of these data with interest groups;
- To have a professional level in approaching problems for the specific field of study.
The first two years are designed to provide and equip students with general skills and competencies whereas in the third year students choose their orientation, where the list of courses are designed to achieve the objectives that will enable students to have a suitable job in accordance with their study areas.
ORIENTATION: MANAGEMENT, ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION
Upon successful completion of this orientation, students will be able to:
- Understand the process of new business creation;
- Describe the main management functions and understand the management process in organizations;
- Knowledge and understanding of the techniques and methods for performing the analysis of the internal and external environment of the organization.;
- Apply the strategies that are used to increase business performance;
- Demonstrate knowledge in business planning;
- Use innovation as an opportunity for business development;
- Assess the role of entrepreneurial activity and innovation in the success of new enterprises
ORIENTATION: MARKETING AND SALES
Upon successful completion of this orientation, the students will be able to:
- Know the elements of marketing mix such as product, price, distribution and promotion and their importance in business.
- Understand marketing’s role in sales and marketing strategies;
- Identify the role and importance of marketing research;
- Understand the negotiation process, closing methods and time management and sales territory.
- Identify external and internal sales components based on relationships
- Explain the key success factors for the seller’s performance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key issues that make up the recruitment and selection of vendors.
ORIENTATION: INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
Upon successful completion of the international business orientation, the students will be able to:
- Recognize different development patterns of national and international markets;
- Understand the main theories of international trade and finance (e.g., factors that influence balances of trade and exchange rates among nations).
- Evaluate the global business environment in terms of economic, social, legal and cultural aspects.
- Understand how businesses and other organizations are adapting their functional, business and corporate strategies in accordance with their global business context.
- Highlight how other industrial and firm-specific determinants are influencing firms’ strategies and structures in a global business context.
- Identify and evaluate the main firm-and-country-related factors of foreign entry and operation modes.
- Address complex contemporary corporate governance issues.
ORIENTATION: ACCOUNTING, AUDITING AND TAXATION
Learning Outcomes for Accounting, Auditing and Taxation
Upon successful completion of the orientation Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, students will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of accounting and its role;
- Understand and explain theoretical and practical knowledge related to tax accounting;
- Do tax accounting, transfer of tax accounts in the financial statements and financial reporting for different types of businesses;
- Know the techniques, types and principles of auditing, to expand the knowledge on auditing of financial statements and cases of fraud;
- Understanding the role and importance of Auditing;
- Have basic knowledge on fiscal policies, types and calculation of taxes, tax filing with form and application with software;
- Understand and prepare consolidated financial statements in accordance with the regulatory framework for financial reporting of public companies in Kosovo and the EU.
ORIENTATION: FINANCE, BANKING AND INSURANCE
Learning Outcomes for Finance, Banking and Insurance
Upon successful completion of the orientation Finance, Banking and Insurance, students will be able to:
- Understand the process of reporting business financial statements according to international accounting principles and standards;
- Possess advanced knowledge about financial markets and insurance market;
- Acquire and demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills within the money, banking, and financial market disciplines.
- Be able to demonstrate their skills by developing short-term operational strategies and long-term investment and financial strategies;
- Know the funding sources of financial institutions and insurance.
- Be able to understand the process of financial risks and use the techniques and methods of protection from them
- Explain the financing of corporations with securities and other financial instruments.