- Information session and exploration of the study program at UBT
- Request for faculty advisor
- Completion of the application form (on line or hard copy).
- Fulfillment of documentation for admission: (High school transcripts, High School Diploma, 2 photos, 4×6 formats, Birth Certificate and Copy of ID). MEST Requirement
- Signing of admission contract and schedule of tuition payments
- Creation of the official e-mail address, ID card of the student, account for Moodle and SMIS.
- Deliver a package of rules and manners of using these systems.
- Deliver a guideline for students regarding the general Orientation of specific program courses, contents, requirement and graduation requirements
- Delivery of all degree requirement package and assignment of faculty advisor.
QUALIFICATION FOR ADMISSION
- A candidate must have completed the secondary school examination.
- A candidate must have the High School Diploma
- All courses must be completed with a grade of 3 or better, otherwise the applicant should go through the exam.
- The Students’ documents that are from other counties must be equivalent to those at Kosovo High School Education, and be notified by MEST.
UBT provides many opportunities to develop International students’ potential alongside some of Kosovo’s best students and faculty, within an exciting and supportive environment. International students are able to undertake the most extensive range of academic programs. No matter what subject you are interested in, there is likely to be a significant number of high-quality courses and programs for you.
UBT does not currently have on-campus housing but can assist international students in finding accommodation. More specifically, the International Relations Office (IRO) can provide international students with housing information since there a great number of apartments near the UBT campus at affordable prizes. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
UBT is eager to help you pursue your career goals while staying in Kosovo. Career Center can assist you in finding a suitable job and train you in writing a great CV, motivational letter and other relevant documents. Also, UBT encourages good students to apply for different paid internship positions within UBT.
We believe that International health insurance is of a vital importance for our international students. In case of emergency, it is crucial that you have medical coverage. There are health insurance companies in Kosovo which offer various services. Thus, we can assist you on finding the one that suits you the best and get accurate information about the different companies and plans available.
There are 24 hour security guards stationed in each UBT building. If there is an emergency, you can always contact them for assistance. You can also reach the main emergency service providers in Kosovo through the following phone numbers
Police – 192; Ambulance services– 194; Fire rescue – 193;
They are toll free numbers and can be accessed from landlines or mobile phones in case of need for emergency aid, illness, accidents or disasters
If you want to go to the UBT campus in Lipjan, the school shuttle bus is at your service for free. Buses in downtown Prishtina can also bring you to different places. The bus station is 800 m from UBT in Prishtina. There are also a lot of taxi companies that can offer you’re their services at very affordable prices. Before arrival, it is recommended that you first find us via your GPRS device.
The currency used in Kosovo is the Euro. Students may not be able to use US dollars or any other foreign currencies. Most credit cards can be used nationwide, and students may exchange foreign currency at many banks. Banks are generally open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on weekdays. There are also a lot of ATM machines that work 24 hours. In order to open a bank account the basic document that you might need is your passport.
Nightlife and Leisure Activities
Kosovo has a lot to offer, in terms of beautiful countryside, mountains and nightlife. There are different clubs that you can attend to such as Yoga, Dancing and other interesting clubs which offer you a variety of leisure activities. You can enjoy the night in the many little cafes, open air bars with live music, or you can be part of the vibrant scene of the popular discos.