Mechatronics Engineering Faculty is committed to high-quality education and research in all areas of the faculty in order to prepare students for the challenges of life: work and professional contribution, and qualitative, scientific, and competitive research.
Faculty of Mechatronics Engineering will be recognized as one of the leading academies in the region in the fields of Mechatronics Engineering and other related fields, where quality, reliability, flexibility, and academic, as well as research and professional speed, will prevail.
The study program aims to produce engineers who are committed to a career in mechatronics with a variety of different employers inside and outside Kosovo. The programme emphasizes the importance of producing original thinkers who are able to take an imaginative approach to the solution of a wide range of engineering problems.
The main goals and objectives
This programme provides opportunities for students to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, skills and other attributes in the following areas:
- To educate the knowledgeable, skilled and contemporary mechatronic engineers who are capable of responding to changing needs of engineering and technology with continuous self-renewal and with the desire for lifelong learning.
- To integrate teaching and research for effective application of knowledge and acquired skills
- To educate the Mechatronic Engineers who are respectful to ethical values and sensitive to contemporary problems
- To educate the Mechatronic Engineers who have good communication skills and teamwork
- Train highly skilled manpower in Mechatronic systems, precision engineering, and manufacturing automation.
- To become a significant example not only for the institution but also for the whole country in promoting and establishing such interdisciplinary undergraduate study programs, which have a growing reputation and widespread acceptance worldwide.
- To emphasize the significance and potential of the methods and technologies used in various levels of formation and usage for sustainable development, thus train experts within these fields
- To develop infrastructure and equipment necessary for training and research in the discipline of Mechatronic Engineering.
- To establish and strengthen industrial collaboration and partnerships in training, research, and innovation.
- To establish income generation mechanisms through training, research, and consultancies.
Program Learning Outcomes
Knowledge and understanding
- The fundamental principles of mathematic as applied to analysis, problem-solving, and design
- The fundamental concepts of mechanics, thermodynamics, electronics, and engineering science in relation to the analysis, design, and implementation of mechatronic systems
- The use of information technology for quantitative analysis, simulation, system design, project management, and effective communication
- The characteristics and behavior of engineering materials related to component design, material selection, and structural integrity of mechanical systems
- The theory of designing mechatronic systems with an appreciation of the modern use of design elements
- Select and apply the appropriate mathematical methods in support of the analysis of practical and theoretical engineering problems
- Apply the principles of mechatronics developed through the engineering sciences to solve practical problems, model analysis, and design engineering processes, systems, and products
- Select and apply the computer-based methods associated with the modeling and analysis of engineering problems and the design of engineering systems
- The ability to develop, choose and utilize modern techniques that are needed to analyze and solve complex problems encountered in the applications of mechatronics engineering; the skill to employ information technologies efficiently.
- Use principles of design to analyses systems, processes and components and use it to modeling, develop, design and create new products and engineering systems
- Use appropriate test and measurement equipment to obtain, analyses and interpret results from a wide range of established and experimental laboratory-based systems
- Apply an integrated or systems approach to engineering design and produce innovative solutions to a wide range of engineering problems using established techniques to test and evaluate design ideas
Other competencies and attributes
- To keep an open mind to life-long learning and self-development, adopt a lifelong learning philosophy, follow the state-of-the-art developments in engineering, and improve themselves
- Knowledge about the effects of engineering applications on health, environment and safety on a both universal and societal scale; knowledge about current problems affecting the field of engineering; awareness about the legal implications of engineering solutions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively using evidence, graphics and writing skills
- Be able to apply system and integrative approach to workplace requirements
- Use time and resource management techniques to meet project management milestones
- Produce integrated written reports and presentations