Building and Infrastructure Engineering
- The Faculty of Civil Engineering and Infrastructure was accredited by decision no. 497/13 dated 08/07/2013, issued by MASHT – Accreditation Agency.
- The organization of teaching and education in this faculty started on 01 October 2013.
- The faculty initially organized the studies only at the Bachelor level.
- This model of studies was in accordance with the laws on higher education in the Republic of Kosovo and the strategy for higher education of the Ministry of Education Science and Technology, as well as the trends of higher education development in European Union countries, respectively with the statement of Bologna.
- The first dean of this faculty was named Prof. Dr. Muhamet Ahmeti.
- In the first year the faculty of construction and infrastructure had about 50 students, the following trend is shown an annual growth rate of over 30%.
- This increase confirms the commitment and dedication of FNI’s academic staff to teaching and scientific research.
- The Faculty of Civil Engineering is a private faculty that enjoys a deserved place in the history of higher education nationwide, based on the most advanced practices and models that today apply to the construction world.
- With an academic experience and scientific research work, FNI is now recognized as a higher education institution which offers very good quality and opportunities for studies.
- FNI offers study programs at two academic levels; Bachelor and Master.
- Study programs and close professional specializations are designed and modeled in the spirit and in full compliance with the latest developments and advancements in technology and science, which give students the opportunity to be independent professionals, guide and be accountable and at the forefront of the realization of various engineering works in the Republic of Kosovo and beyond.
- FNI has achieved throughout its journey to offer quality studies based on scientific standards, contemporary literature libraries, practical work in labs with technical equipment of the latest technology word.
- FNI offers students space and conditions for creativity, innovation, social activities and friendship through many collaborative programs with institutions, faculties, associations with the sole aim of achieving the students the best and becoming excellent professionals in FNI’s programs.
Rector : Dr.Edmond Hajrizi
Dean: Dr.Muhamet Ahmeti
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-Dean: Dr.Visar Krelani
Coordiantor : Msc.Mirora Limani
The Strategic Research Plan guides the UBT in responding effectively to the changing environment in research opportunities, and provides a platform for participation in international research-related initiatives. The programme research plan is linked to the institutional research strategy theme: Civil Engineering and Construction. The main research topics as part of the research strategy are:
- Structural Engineering including Steel, Bridge, Composite, Reinforced Concrete and Masonry Structures
- Soil-Structure Interaction
- Energy efficiency and building materials
- Road & Bridge engineering
- Structural and building engineering
- Sustainable constructions
- Heritage constructions
- Constructions norms and standardization
- Buildings performance
- Hydraulic engineering